Protecting your privacy is of special importance to us. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of the information you provide and comply with the privacy laws of the EU, Canada and the United States, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), the Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the California Consumer Protection Act, the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM Act), Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and the FTC’s Fair Information Practices Principles. Here is how XERASUPPORT (herein referred to as “we”, “us” and “our”) may collect, use, protect and otherwise handle your personal information.
- What information do we collect?
When you request information from us, we may ask you for your name and contact info, including possibly an email address, a phone number, social media info, or other details. This is solely to be able to serve you better.
- When will we ask for this info?
If you subscribe to my newsletter, fill out a contact form, comment on blog posts or respond to a survey, we may ask for some personal information in return.
- Specifically, what info will we collect?
While we can’t list all the ways (because we can’t predict the future!), here are some of the most common things and methods we may use:
Info you give me
We may ask for your name, postal address, email address, phone and fax numbers, a username and password, demographic details (ie. gender, occupation, etc) as well as any other info you may directly give us in conversation. If you choose to purchase a product, we’ll need to collect your billing and payment info, in order to process the transaction.
Info from others
We may get information about you from other sources (for example, a giveaway), to add to the information you directly give us.
Info automatically collected
This site automatically collects info about you whenever you visit, such as your country of origin, your browser type and language, your IP address, the site you visited before this one, which pages and posts you looked at and how long you looked at them, and other actions you took while browsing this site. This is generated solely to maintain the quality of my website, and how we operate our business, in order to serve you better. It is part of the general statistics of how this website is used.
- How might your info be used?
As said before, we collect your info only in order to serve you better. We write the content, design the marketing, and create products with you, our honored reader and client, in mind. So your info is used to better operate, maintain and improve our performance as a blogger and business owner. We also may use it to process, administer and deliver site features and promotions, and to respond to you as part of our desire to provide excellent service. When you request it, we will send you information, including email confirmations, invoices, technical support, updates, support, promotions, upcoming events and news about XERASUPPORT that you may be interested in.
- Will your info be shared?
Not without your consent, unless we’re required to by law or in an emergency (for the safety of our business and our employees). We take your privacy seriously. The only people who will have access to your information are those we hire as part of XERASUPPORT. However, we may use your info as part of an anonymous larger collection (those statistics we mentioned earlier) with others for their own use. But your individual private info will never be shared, if we can at all help it. We can’t be held responsible for malicious damage to this site, though we will do our best to prevent it. Your information will never be sold, traded, or rented to third parties.
- How will we protect your info?
Please be aware that data given online can never be 100% private. We will do my best, including using all reasonable resources and technology available to us, to protect it, but we cannot guarantee total security. All financial transactions are done through a third-party, and nothing is stored or processed through this site.
- How long will we hold your data?
We hold different kinds of data for different lengths of time. By law, we are required to keep customer purchase data for 10 years, for accounting purposes. We keep contact form entries for up to 6 months, and tracking data for one year.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please contact us!
Be warned that if you choose to turn off cookies, some parts of this site may not work, and your experience on this site may be affected.
- Specifically, what cookies are used?
We use the following third-party services to help maintain, run, and improve this site and the products and services we offer.
By opting out of these services, this website and its related services may not function correctly, and you may not be able to access all parts of the site.
AKISMET ANTI-SPAM – used to prevent spam comments. May track your IP address in order to block repeat spammers and scammers.
SENDFOX – used to collect voluntary email addresses to be added to our email list.
SG OPTIMIZER – used to speed up our site. May keep a record of your site visit and/or comments you may make.
WOOCOMMERCE — We collect information about you during the checkout process in our store.
- What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
- We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
- Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
- What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
- Will your info be given to anyone else?
Generally speaking, no. However, from time to time, we may use your personal information to inform you of other products or services from us. We may also have to give some of your personal info to a third party, in order to deliver a product to you (such as a post office or delivery service), or provide other customer support to you.
- Do we have affiliate links?
Yes. We occasionally recommend a product or service from a trusted (and usually personally tried and tested) third-party. If you choose to purchase through a link we post on our site or in our email to you, we may receive compensation. You will be informed if any link we post anywhere is an affiliate link. Please view our disclosure for more information.
Please choose to purchase through an affiliate link 🙂 It helps to support this site and business!
- Do we collect info from people who don’t or can’t consent?
Not knowingly. This website is meant for people over the age of 13 (children, please check with a parent before going online in general, and using this site in particular!), who want to use this site. If you find yourself disagreeing with anything on here, or not wanting to be on this site, please feel free to use the back button on your browser or type in a new address in the address bar.
- Can you opt out?
Of course! Every email we may send you will include a link to unsubscribe, and you may contact us for any other questions, comments or requests about how we use any of your information we may have collected.
Be aware that even if you opt-out of our marketing emails, we may still need to contact you about products you purchase or business dealings we may have with you.
- Changes and consent
This policy updated as of AUGUST 20, 2021
This policy is reviewed and updated periodically, to reflect changes in how this company is operated and how the law applies. It is your responsibility to read this policy regularly and be aware of any updates.
All content provided on this site is for your reading pleasure and entertainment, and not to be taken as medical, legal or financial advice. We cannot be held liable for any action you may take as a result of something you read on this site. That is solely your choice to do so. Please consult a qualified professional for advice.